NPS. NRR. GRR. ACV. LTV. CAC. TAM. ROI.
If you force us to pick just one, it’s MHS. Must Have Score.
Measure it. Improve it. It’s the score your customers give you. And it links to the buying criteria for corporate / enterprise subscriptions.
Back in 2018 Substribe sought to educate about the power of retaining b2b customers. Our view was that the by product of getting this right, is value creation for subscription businesses. Seems like a lifetime ago.
The main objection was: “acquisition is king.”
Our work over the last 5 years has been focusing the segmentation, targeting, and positioning on customers to identify the most profitable now, and also the future wallet. Then use this insight to inform acquisition, so that good fit customers join the party.
Here’s a list from the Substribe vault, circa 2018 – hence the old Substribe logo:
- Know your ideal customer – create a targeted experience, be selective about who you let into the club, and be specific about what their role is to make this partnership work.
- Systematically help your subscribers to succeed – both personally and professionally, so that you have more success stories to grow the network effects.
- Be an amazing host at your party – drive networking that will help people to overcome challenges as a community.
- Break down your own – and your customer’s – silos – let communication flow up, down, sideways, and across teams.
- Create an open minded environment – see problems as lessons, ensure that energy and resources are invested in discovering new lessons (not relearning old ones).
- Prove your customer right – track, deliver, and communicate value to evidence why your customers were right to partner with you.
Bit wordy isn’t it?
Now we can boil this – and more – down to one score. The Must Have Score.
Join us with the Must Have Score tracker. We have the quantum for b2b subscription services.
Contact email@example.com to see if you qualify.